View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
D.I.E.Offline
Post subject: Buying a Video Card, Tell me what you think  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 - 12:55 AM

Right now I have a Radeon 9600SE (256MB) and I'm looking at the Sapphire Radeon X1800GTO2. I want to stay under $250 on the price. I liked the 512MB, the GDDR3, PCI-express and the core 500MHz that can be over clocked to around 600. After looking at the reviews on newegg and some other places, this card on seems to give me what would normally cost a couple hundred more. If anyone has any comments or questions please share. Here's a link to the card on newegg (not going to buy the open box but normal price is 230). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102027R

Reply with quote Back to top
kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 - 03:22 AM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

I honestly would go with nVidia these days. Their cards seem better than ATI. (especially if you ever want to use SLI.. crossfire is "teh sux0r"). I used to be a huge ATI fanboy too so i'm not *that* biased.

Something like a 7900GT is probably in your price range...

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 - 12:48 PM

AGP FX5200! As much as it pains me to say, that is a good Radeon card. Im an Nvidia fan and Ill still give it its credit, its one of the best single cars you can get. Though like kurt said, sli is awesome, so if you can support it I would go with a 7900gt, or wait for the 7950gt which is dual cored...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
SatertekOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2006 - 02:52 AM
Mobile Camper
Mobile Camper

The new 7900GS is a beast for the price
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130056

And beats the pants off the X1800 Smile
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvi ... /page4.asp

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
vandylOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2008 - 02:46 AM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Wow, things have changed since the last post here

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic