View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BanditOffline
Post subject: My next PC goal  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 - 02:58 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

So I have 2gb of ram, 2 RAID 0 SATA harddrives, 6600GT vid card, surround sound speakers, a joystick with all the cool buttons and twist grip, a MX1000 mouse, and Ipod, a 750GB media server, and an IPOD 20GB.

What does a guy like me want next?
Multiple monitors. My next project is going to be researching and then emplimenting 3 head LCD monitor system. The theory is this. Video cards are more than capable of driving 2 monitors at once. The real question is can they drive 3 3D game screens at once?

My hope is that with one card and 2 LCD's I can start testing this theory. I have 2 DVI outputs on my vid card and most games dynamically pull the resolution options from the vid card drivers. The nVidia drivers allow you to combine 2 monitors as one monitor and sends 1/2 the screen to each. If I'm right then I will be able to have a wider view than other players.

After testing this on multiple game types(mechwarrior or freelancer might be interesting) the next step is going to be trying to get the screens to configure differently. This will require some hacking I'm sure but I think I can get one screen to be normal and the other be zoomed in portion of the other screen. Can you say head shot?

SO what do you think? Possible? What LCD's would you buy?

Reply with quote Back to top
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: My next PC goal  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2005 - 06:52 PM

mammoth series L - Athens monitor:
http://www.go-l.com/monitors/grand_canyon/features/
Have fun.

For the record, AVP2 runs on three screens quite well. As does morrowind. Ive done both.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
BanditOffline
Post subject: RE: My next PC goal  PostPosted: Aug 04, 2005 - 02:14 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

I'm impressed with the quality of these monitors but can't seem to find a price. Are they each custom built?

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: My next PC goal  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2005 - 05:28 PM

Pretty much, the bigone goes for upwards of 23 grand last I checked. But that was some time ago.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic