View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TurboBisonOffline
12 Post subject: Def Jam: Fight for New York  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2004 - 06:56 PM

Dont call it a come back. Ok sorry for the old LL Cool J reference but I thought it would be essental to use Def Jams newest signiee to talk about Def Jams newest game, Fight for New York. For those of you how have never heard of the Def Game series (yes all five of you), Ea took the fighting engine of THQ's wrestling game No Mercy and put rappers in it. Now before you think its a wrestling game with rappers instead of steriod induced C-rated actors(unless your talking about the Rock, B+ actor) you are totally wrong. The game has an urban feel with the the atmosphere and ring types. The same is true if not more trueful in the latest installment. One thing that EA did was made usefull to have different fighting styles. Don't like to grapple, why not use martial arts instead. Also the roster of charcters has increased greatly. You keep the charcters from the first (Method, Red, Joe Budden) but you now have a roster full of different charcters (Snoop Dogg, Bone Crusher), also there are some who aren't even rappers(Carmen Electra, Henry Rollins). The game play is awesome. The fights, unlike the first one, are not inside a ring. There are fights in a fight club like room, even in a burning building. And every thing is interactive. If you're in the fight club room, people will grab who you are fighting and you are able to double team attacks. Also support beams can be cracked and speakers can be broken. With one of the best and deepest story mode, this is the best "westling" game ever. I give a 5/5

Reply with quote Back to top
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Def Jam: Fight for New York  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2004 - 07:29 PM

One phrase, Kikoman: Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs New Heros. The engine for both the defjam games, vendetta and this one, and Kikoman were programed at roughly the same time and by the same team, so its very similar. Except instead of rappers, you get to be crazy characters. I provide two examples:

Sunshine, the Egyptian god who changes his shape to different combinations of the blocks that he is composed of, and happens to live in Florida.
Wally Tusket, hes a Walrus Samurai from Ireland, thats all I need to say about that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
TurboBisonOffline
Post subject: RE: Def Jam: Fight for New York  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2004 - 09:20 PM

Great game, good anime, plus the cow rice song by Kid Muscle is hilarous, and it has its own place in history. That engine is one of the greatest thats why I put the "" in between wrestling for Def Jam

vandylOffline
Post subject: RE: Def Jam: Fight for New York  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2004 - 04:01 AM
G0dlike
G0dlike

I've played the first Def Jam (total let down imho) - and this latest installment in the D.J. series and honestly, it's too much wrestling, even with the more eastern martial styles. I've seen good players - know what I think when I see em? I think about the 10 y/o newbie kid that beats everyone on the SC2 machine at the arcade - he doesn't know what he's doing, he's just pushing as many buttons as possible, as fast as possible, throwing the system into chaotic fury and thus overflowing the buffer, preventing the veteran players from getting any sort of hit in because the system just can't handle it Wink

But yeah, basically, if you can masturbate really fast, you can probably do really well with the D.J. series cos all you gotta do is mash lots of buttons really fast. hehe

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
TurboBisonOffline
Post subject: RE: Def Jam: Fight for New York  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2004 - 06:27 PM

If you are good enough, idoits like that kid won't beat you. Plus you can't compare at fighting game like SC2 and DJ:FFNY in the same catagory Evil or Very Mad

vandylOffline
Post subject: RE: Def Jam: Fight for New York  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2004 - 12:40 AM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Wasn't comparing the two games - just the button pressing schemes - and no, I've seen some really good players get smacked down by the mindless button fury approach to fighters.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic