View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
StickOffline
Post subject: (Spring 2004) KOTN: Worms Armageddon  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2004 - 06:56 PM

What conditions would you like to use in our upcoming Worms King of the Net game?

Last edited by Stick on Sep 09, 2004 - 06:00 PM; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
StickOffline
Post subject: I'd like to respond to my own post...  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2004 - 09:11 PM

Ok, here's my suggestion:
There are several "schemes" already in Worms, and one of them is Tournament. It's not perfect, but it's there already, we can start playing using that mode and familiarize ourselves with the weapons and whatnot.

For the KOTN, I suggest starting enough servers so that everyone who want can play (obviously), and then go with the tournament scheme, which means someone has to win twice to win their "heat". Winners from the heat move on the finals, nuff said.

Further: Everyone joins a server under a non-identifiable name with the default worm names. When the tourney starts, let's say there are 14 people, 3 servers are started... you join one of them randomly, so you don't know at all who is in your game.

Number of worms, 2 for heats, 4 each for finals.

Check out the tourney style rules, some things are different. For example, you have, say, 1 homing missile for the entire match (ie: if you use it in game 1, you don't get a refill for game 2 unless you find one in a crate). That will make people more conservative with the special weapons...

just my 2 cents... please post your thoughts...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
StickOffline
Post subject: I'd like to respond to my own post...  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2004 - 09:12 PM

Ok, here's my suggestion:
There are several "schemes" already in Worms, and one of them is Tournament. It's not perfect, but it's there already, we can start playing using that mode and familiarize ourselves with the weapons and whatnot.

For the KOTN, I suggest starting enough servers so that everyone who want can play (obviously), and then go with the tournament scheme, which means someone has to win twice to win their "heat". Winners from the heat move on the finals, nuff said.

Further: Everyone joins a server under a non-identifiable name with the default worm names. When the tourney starts, let's say there are 14 people, 3 servers are started... you join one of them randomly, so you don't know at all who is in your game.

Number of worms, 2 for heats, 4 each for finals.

Check out the tourney style rules, some things are different. For example, you have, say, 1 homing missile for the entire match (ie: if you use it in game 1, you don't get a refill for game 2 unless you find one in a crate). That will make people more conservative with the special weapons...

just my 2 cents... please post your thoughts...

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic