View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
StickOffline
Post subject: Call of Duty, Team play results  PostPosted: Dec 04, 2004 - 05:23 AM

That was some great competition. Team "we suck at Pavlov" had several narrow victories, to pull off an overall 3/2 victory.

Winners (+25): Stick, Scorpion, TurboBison, Mad Scientist, Raze, Deathscythe, Target, Tom.

Losers (-15): Fastbilly, Vice, Wolf, Ixcilia, Shot, Johnson, Mario, Vince Veger.

KOTN will be updated later this weekend.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Call of Duty, Team play results  PostPosted: Dec 04, 2004 - 06:35 AM

eh, we lost Johnson at a crucial time for that Capture the Flag game, and by the end of the last match just started to kill each other (we still had more kills, and thats all that really mattered to us)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
StickOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2004 - 01:53 AM

well, we didn't have Raze for one of those Search and Destroy rounds... and you were the ones that opted for Ctf instead of TDM, so I have little sympathy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2004 - 06:29 AM

We, meaning the entire team, thought that since you like to spice up the games, note the use of Headquaters and SD, that CTF would be a worthy game to add in the mix. And since this was a team tourney, that is usually one of the first team games that pops to mind. Actually that would have been one of the first team tourneys Ive played in where there was no CTF, its considered the epitome of team work.

We could get into the technical aspects of comparing S&D and CTF but that is something better left to do in person, since typing that much on such a superficial subject is just silly. But I could bring up the fact that for the first few matchs, yall had one extra player than us, so losing raze in one round evened out the teams peoplewise. You forgot about thanatos in your setup. I was killed by both thanatos and tom in POW camp, so I know they were not the same person.

However we can beat this dead horse all we want. All I was stating was simply we lost a good sniper at a critical point of the game, and that none of my team really cared. It was not a sympathy post.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
StickOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 06, 2004 - 03:35 PM

woah. Actually, I think most of the game modes introduced in United Offensive are great team games. I only didn't want to use them, or the new maps, because people might not be familiar with them. I had said this in the very beginning. Anyway, I love CTF. When I play online that's what I usually look for. No complaints here. I've just never seen a game turn out so defense oriented like ours. It was quite a stalemate, and you are right, we were only able to score during our "power play" (one man down).

Anyhow, it was fun. I'll be posting the new KOTN spreadsheet shortly.

era_controlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 07, 2004 - 06:32 AM

one man down or none... i will admit it was a whole lot of fun.

Mad-ScientistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 08, 2004 - 01:19 PM
no0b
no0b

I agree very good games!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 08, 2004 - 09:58 PM

Scientist, I still have a bone to pick with you. When in hurtgen we were running up the opposite sides of the hill and killed eachother way out in the middle of no where.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic