View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MazingerOffline
Post subject: Fable: Molyneux Doesn't Deliver.  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2004 - 04:55 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

Man, when I heard Fable was coming out, I went nuts to get my hands on it, I even counted down the days till the release on my calendar. Now that I brought it and played through it, I feel cheated. Sure, it's a good game, but not '$50 dollars' okay-kind-of-game. For one, it's short, doesn't have a REAL complicated fighting system, seems like they put more work into the facial designs instead of the actual game. I just wish I had saved my money towards a GameCube. In short, if possible, rent before you buy, you could probably finish the game 3 times in one week. "The greatest RPG of all-time," eh, Mr. Molyneux?

Reply with quote Back to top
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Fable: Molyneux Doesn  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2004 - 05:23 AM

It was in production from 6-8years and they gave us an 8 hour game. Its things like this that piss people off. It was hyped more than any other xbox game, called a Morrowind killer and the "Perfect fantasy game." Then the game just kinda ends. Very disappointing to say the least. Id give it a 7 out of 10 at best.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
MazingerOffline
Post subject: I Guess The Office Party Took Up Most Of Their Time...  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2004 - 03:03 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

I just want to know how this could happen... All that time, WASTED.

EhgretOffline
Post subject: RE: I Guess The Office Party Took Up Most Of Their Time...  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2004 - 09:20 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

The problem with this game is that it's just not original. It is basically the same game as Morrowind, just not as good. And it is also the same as KOTOR just in a different setting and still not as good.

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: I Guess The Office Party Took Up Most Of Their Time...  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2004 - 11:12 PM

I found it to be more in the vain of a traditional action adventure/rpg, ie Zelda, than the adventure RPGs that the Elderscroll series are. Its kinda like a bastard child of Morrowind, Zelda, and Black and White. Now thats a weird threesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
MazingerOffline
Post subject: Possible G4TV Special Feature...  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2004 - 01:47 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

Oh, well, the damage has been done, and people successfully jipped. But I hear they're gathering info on making a sequel.

ScorpionOffline
Post subject: Re: Possible G4TV Special Feature...  PostPosted: Jan 27, 2005 - 12:57 PM

Mazinger wrote:
Oh, well, the damage has been done, and people successfully jipped. But I hear they're gathering info on making a sequel.

The question is, will this one take a near-decade to produce?

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: Possible G4TV Special Feature...  PostPosted: Jan 27, 2005 - 01:56 PM

Sure why not. The self proclaimed "God" of video games will take his sweet time building up and destroying our dreams for his games for another decade.

MazingerOffline
Post subject: He Should Sleep With Fishes...Without Protection  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2005 - 04:03 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

I wouldn't be surprised it if it came out in the time that Star Wars: Episode 1 came out after Return of the Jedi.

RebirthOffline
Post subject: Fable: The Lost Chapters  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2005 - 04:03 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

The next Fable...
yea...well, at least it'll be for the PC...like the first Fable was supposed to be...
(is that really a plus?)

Apparently, you can open a door that was locked in the Xbox version and discover a new dungeon and....stuff. There's supposed to be more than meets the eye to this "new" game...So, how long did it take for them to come up with this anyway?

It should have just been released for the PC in the first place...Expansion packs? Maybe, if the game had been really worth $50 from the start. Honestly, did Molyneux even *play* any Elder Scrolls?

AckOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 15, 2005 - 04:08 AM

Hey, if we're lucky, Molyneux will pull a Blizzard, and the sequel will be hailed as one of the greatest PC games of all time...until its release in Korea, which will herald all the guys from StarCraft to finally quit playing that ancient thing, and come to another game, until eventually this one is also older than God, and they can move on to something else.

RebirthOffline
Post subject: um  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2005 - 04:10 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

um...God willing?
I mean, what's wrong with doing the same thing over and over again?

AckOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 15, 2005 - 04:12 AM

Simple.

Counterstrike.

ScorpionOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2005 - 12:16 PM

Ack wrote:
Hey, if we're lucky, Molyneux will pull a Blizzard, and the sequel will be hailed as one of the greatest PC games of all time...until its release in Korea, which will herald all the guys from StarCraft to finally quit playing that ancient thing, and come to another game, until eventually this one is also older than God, and they can move on to something else.

No no no no no no no..... We cannot let that happen.

As long as the extent of korean game strategy is based off of starcraft and diablo 2, the rest of the world is safe from any real competition from the members of that nation in any of the "good" games.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic