View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vandylOffline
20 Post subject: Fallout 3  PostPosted: Nov 09, 2008 - 08:19 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

I've been playing this game for the past week and a half and have enjoyed it so far. The game seems to move at a faster pace than Oblivion, but maintains a consistently deep story, probably deeper than that found in Oblivion. I've not made a whole lot of progress because of the amount of time I have to play, but it's kept me interested, something I can't say about most games. Even when I was playing Oblivion, which I've yet to finish, I found myself growing bored of it at times.

The combination of traditional shooter techniques and the V.A.T.S. action-point based system is great - I can make called shots, normally from a hidden position, to give myself a slight edge in the fight I'm picking with the bad guys. I make the called shots, then drop immediately into traditionally paced combat, and can switch back into VATS to finish them off. The slow-mo cinematics makes it even more fun to play. Something about watching the guy's head explode just makes my day.

The attributes are fairly straightforward, as is the skills system. Perks allow you to skimp on points in some skills, which is very useful in the early stages of the game.

So far, I'm happy with the game - great story, good side-quests, and plenty of fun. I'm looking forward to the rest of the game.

And yes, this is a brief, very general review of a game in progress. Share your thoughts; I'd like to know what everyone else thinks of it so far.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic