View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: Razer Barracuda HP-1 5.1 Channel Gaming Headphones  PostPosted: Nov 30, 2009 - 10:19 PM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has anyone used these things? http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/r ... acuda-hp1/

What do you think about the sound quality?
The "surround" sound?
The mic?
Durability?
Worth the money?
Would you buy again?
etc.

To have dedicated subwoofers, it bothers me that they're only rated down to 50Hz. I want my other 32Hz...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
vandylOffline
Post subject: RE: Razer Barracuda HP-1 5.1 Channel Gaming Headphones  PostPosted: Dec 01, 2009 - 12:39 AM
G0dlike
G0dlike

HAH! I've got a pair of these. Plugging them into the right port can be tricky, but once you do the surround sound is really good. Much more positional than 5.1 speakers, but that's expected since these things try to isolate your ears from environmental noise.

Tuning them takes a little patience; you'll find yourself spending some time adjusting the knobs on the inline controller and the speaker settings in your control panel.

You can turn the bass up. Then turn the volume up. Then turn on the THX subwoofer test. Your head will vibrate everything will look like an earthquake. It's badass.

Mic is good, fairly directional so it doesn't pick up a whole lot of background noise. Being removable is a plus since I don't use the mic when I'm playing random public servers. Unless someone really needs a good ol' fashioned ass-chewing. Then I call Aaron and tell him to 'sic-fag' and off he goes, grinnin and shit.

Only drawback - since I've got a somewhat round, somewhat asian head, my ears start to hurt after I've been wearing them for a couple hours (pressure).

But you're a mickey, they should fit fine Smile You can find them cheaper than the $129.99 msrp'd on the link you provided.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
vandylOffline
Post subject: RE: Razer Barracuda HP-1 5.1 Channel Gaming Headphones  PostPosted: Dec 01, 2009 - 12:43 AM
G0dlike
G0dlike

oh to answer the rest of your questions: the paint finish is of questionable quality. I've treated mine fairly well but the paint is chipping in places (go figure, no primer). Would I buy them again? Maybe - I've seen some other surround-sound headsets on the market that I'd like to try. Would I recommend them? Yeah, but not for much more than 100bucks.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic