View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
duvelOffline
Post subject: Doom added to available games  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2010 - 07:48 AM
no0b
no0b

I've got Doom (Ultimate 1, 2, and Final) set up for multiplayer. The easiest way would be just to use the Skulltag port, which ought to have everything folks would want Doom-wise. I've also got Chocolate Doom and Odamex installed in case people don't want the Quake 3/Unreal style stuff that Skulltag adds. Skulltag is straightforward, just use the launcher (Doomseeker) and go to the server creator (make sure to uncheck making it public), then go into the main executable's server browser (so you can sort by local) to find the server. Odamex requires some irritating batch/command line stuff, as does, chocolate doom, so I wouldn't highly recommend that.

I've also put some basic wsad layout for all the ports. WSAD and mouse for look/move, mouse 1 for shoot, e for use, space for jump, and shift for walk. Mouse 2 is alt fire in Skulltag (important for mods that have new weapons with alt fire).

Key points for gameplay:
Strafe run! Run diagonally always, because it's tons faster. Also, hug walls going N/S and you will go faster! (Not that you can tell which ones go N/S but just give it a try!)
Super Shotgun is the best weapon in the game.
While you are damn fast and can kill in one to two shots, so can your opponent.

It should hopefully be on all the computers by the next meeting (aka week after Tiger LAN).

Edit: There are not going to be any presets for Odamex and Chocolate-Doom, so if you want to play those you'll have to set that up then. Be aware.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic