View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: DVD-RW : What are some good ones?  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2004 - 04:04 AM
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm thinking about just picking up the Toshiba SD-R52472 DVD-RW.

But I'm playing with the idea of getting a dual layer burner (or one that does dual-layer via firmware upgrade).

Also debating whether to go EIDE or SATA. I'm on the verge of building a new computer but won't have all the parts for a few months still. I have at least started getting the parts. Maybe end up doing one a paycheck. The new computer will be SATA but my current is just UATA. Thinking about getting the slower drive now and selling it later or giving it to my dad when he gets my current computer after I'm done with it.

Anyway, question is: what is a good (and fairly cheap) DVD-RW (ATAPI/UATA/EIDE or SATA), preferrably one that does dual layer (like the NEC with the firmware upgrade)?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: RE: DVD-RW : What are some good ones?  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2004 - 04:29 AM
Site Admin
Site Admin

or possibly just this one... http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hm ... ia=AA29530

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: DVD-RW : What are some good ones?  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2004 - 01:20 PM

The ND-3500A is great, and with a price at that level whats not to love?

However Im a fan of the Pioneer burners, Ive used my fair share of DVD burners and I still like theres. But the DVR-108 is $70 at newegg, and only does DL at 4x

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic