View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
StickOffline
Post subject: (Spring 2004) KOTN: Call of Duty  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2004 - 06:58 PM

How should AUCGC handle a Call of Duty King of the Net game? Thoughts and suggestions?

Keep in mind that we have UT2k3 as a DeathMatch game, I think we should somehow incorporate teamplay into the Call of Duty match...

what are your thoughts on:
Team Deathmatch
Behind Enemy Lines
Retrieval
Search and Destroy

What maps to use, how to distribute points, etc, etc

Last edited by Stick on Sep 09, 2004 - 05:59 PM; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2004 - 10:46 PM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why not CoD deathmatch and UT2K3 Bombing Run?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
StickOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2004 - 03:27 AM

Here a thought:
given, let's say, an hour and a half of gaming goodness, how about 6 15 minute team games, tdm, sd, and bel. hq if we can update the game. Teams (and axis/ally) are randomly decided each time by everyone clicking autoassign. Sure, sometimes the team might get stacked, but over six games it should be fairly even. At the end of each round you get your score + the team's score, or perhaps your score + team's score/number on team.

Having 6 mini games with 6 different maps with 6 different teams means the real champion should float to the top. Also, your main interest each time is for your team to win (for the big points), and getting the personal glory is only second. This would encourage team play each game.

sirs?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2004 - 05:32 AM
Site Admin
Site Admin

I could float off something like that...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
StickOffline
Post subject: Mod and patch...  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2004 - 09:20 PM

I'd really like to try and patch our CoD. Two major things that would add:

jumping: when you jump it slows you down for a fraction of a second, so bunny hopping around during a gun fight a la CounterStrike becomes less of a useable tactic.

HeadQuarters: if you haven't played CoD HQ, it's one of my favorite, and I think a very fair and challenging team game. I would love to include this as one of the matches, and if we were to only have one game, I would ask for this one. Alas, it's only with the patch.

There is a Mod out there, PAM 104b, that was designed for tournament play. I suggest we get this and start using it. One very big thing it does is waits for everyone to connect, and select a weapon before starting the round, so the person who connects first doesn't get an advantage. I think there are other subtle changes that you won't notice but that will be very tournament friendly.

StickOffline
Post subject: this post intentionally left blank please delete  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2004 - 09:22 PM

Smile sorry, it posted twice

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic