View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EhgretOffline
Post subject: Soul Calibur 3 SUCKS!!!!  PostPosted: Oct 26, 2005 - 10:11 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

read the title. I'll update this post later and let you all know the varying degrees at which this game sucks.

Reply with quote Back to top
AckOffline
Post subject: RE: Soul Calibur 3 SUCKS!!!!  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2005 - 05:07 PM

Hmm...which particular features suck? How much have you unlocked? Is the cast list a problem, or is it movelists? Is character creation not a useful and interesting tool?

T-BirDOffline
Post subject: RE: Soul Calibur 3 SUCKS!!!!  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2005 - 11:03 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

I don't like it cuz of its ps2 exclusivity (for now) ;p

TBirD's collection

Goji_of_the_SquirrelOffline
Post subject: RE: Soul Calibur 3 SUCKS!!!!  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2005 - 10:06 PM

So you can make a whole bunch of new things... I heard something in Foy about making Vivi with a fire spell. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Soul Calibur been about using your weapon and not your range crap? I think we all remember Sabot's Tiger things from Street Fighter Ultra Omega Championship Super Hyper Force X 3rd Edition Monkey Batmobile Reallyreallyreallyfast Version Z!!!!!!!!!. So has it really gone down hill?

DeathscytheOffline
Post subject: RE: Soul Calibur 3 SUCKS!!!!  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2005 - 12:25 AM
no0b
no0b

Okay here's the deal.....

I have to agree with Ehgret in that some parts of the game is not the great....there are a few noticible errors in the game.
a) Some of the text dialog is messed up (but who really reads that?)
b) Sometimes the screen gets a bit unadjusted so that the dialog boxes can't be seen (again...who reads that?)
c) Some characters lost certain moves, and may have been nerfed in other areas.
d) Storyline is the same, for the most character, for each character

However, there are some things that do make it an good fighting game for those who enjoy the series.
a) At once there can be 61 playable characters (that is if both players have the 10 character creation slots and all characters unlocked)
b) Different weapons have been included in the game (joke weapons included)
c) The ability to edit the colors on the original characters (don't like Ivy's new white outfit? Make it purple! Or Neon Green..or Black)
d) Character creation starts off small, but as you go through the game you unlock other assets that will allow you to do more in the creation.
e) There are up to 13 different classes that each have their own 4 move sets.

Information on the Character Creation and what all you can do in it.

Characters I have Created with my memoy card, as well as characters I have seen created(note due to game system, some characters do not fight like they normally would, and they may not look EXACTLY TO EVERY DETAIL like the character).

1) Ryu (Street Fighter Series)
2) Ken (Street Fighter Series)
3) Ayame (Dead or Alive Series)
4) Kasumi (Dead or Alive Series)
5) BlackMage (Final Fantasy)
6) Jill ( Resident Evil, she's given the "Ninja" class so she can fight with daggers (aka knives) )
7) BlackRose( .hack series)
Cool Pope John Paul III (My own creation)
9) Zoro (seen it done, will try and work on it)
10) Frost (Mortal Kombat)

Those are the certain things you can create.

In the talk about how characters are changed, yes some move sets have been changed. However, they also have gained some strengths and weaknesses....its to be expected.

As far as Rouster goes, Old Characters Such as Li Long, Rock and Hwang are in the game.

About the long range attacks, yes they are long range....but they are easy to dodge. The "Fire spell" goes up in an angle in one path, so its easy to side step or duck under....also it leaves the opponent open for a sliding kick. Cervantes has the ability to shoot his gun, but that too is easily noticible. Only "Cheap" Character that does long range attack is Abbys, the final boss, why?.......because he's the final boss. (He's cheap no matter what, and the game desingers acutally meant it to be that way)

AckOffline
Post subject: RE: Soul Calibur 3 SUCKS!!!!  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2005 - 07:22 PM

Actually, I've noticed a few other errors in the game. Several of these issues include:
1. The computer can parry a throw.
2. The computer can parry while stunned.
3. The computer can block while laying on the ground.
4. The computer seems to have a better throw range than players.
5. The computer also seems to neglect the fact that a player is blocking. This I've only really noticed with Raphael, Sigfried, and Abyss, but sometimes while blocking, the computer will hit you anyway.

There are actually several cheap characters, the game just isn't balanced. Some characters are overpowered, and some are severly underpowerd. Yes, there has been some nerfing (Rock isn't nearly as fun as he used to be). Maybe if it had gotten some good arcade time, it would have been better, but since it missed out on this extended test period, we're stuck with what we're stuck with.

Still, it is fun.

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Soul Calibur 3 SUCKS!!!!  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2005 - 09:30 PM

HA, now you have succomed to my school of thought.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic