View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
StickOffline
Post subject: Challenge thread  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2004 - 01:57 PM

Arrange your challenges here. Also post results... why not even a brief summary?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
StickOffline
Post subject: for example...  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2004 - 04:01 AM

already, Bandit challenged me on the new Rise of Nations ladder. Since he isn't currently on the ladder at all he is free to challenge anyone. Lately he has been really pounding me, whereas 3 months ago the opposite was true. I still think any day now I'm going to unleash some evil on him, but it hasn't happened.

So, we both went random. I ended up as Germans, with good heavy infantry, fire ships, and some cheaper advanced economic upgrades. The map was Mediteranean, arena.
Perfect nation for the map, I thought. I like to attack early, and having good heavy infantry can really take the cities down. Med means a donut of land, with a sea in the middle and an island in the middle of the sea. My fireships and subs can help keep naval supremacy, and the heavy infantry could take out an early city and swing the game my way.

I start off strong. the past few games I have rushed him as early as possible (3 minutes!), and he has never done the same to me, so this time I'm hoping he wastes some valuable resources preparing to fend off my attack, an attack that will never come, because I'm going to try to boom a couple of ages and then attack with superiority.

The time comes when my economy is maxed out at 200, I've got 3 good cities, and I see him start to build a city on the island. A hard place to defend, and I don't see any troops there. I go in with a small force of mostly heavy infantry and capture the city. However, I am too slow to swing my navy around to his side of the island and keep reinforcements from coming. They do, and I don't hold the city long enough. The same battle for the middle island goes on for ages, I only successfully capture it once, but most of the time Bandit dominates. Finally he swings around a land force and takes out my capital with industrial era forces. Nothing I can do but watch.

Another good game, Bandit!

So, Bandit will enter the ladder with +1, and I will subtract one from my position...

stick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
BanditOffline
Post subject: Mario  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2004 - 12:45 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Quote:
If you take more than 3 days to contact me I will lable you a chicken livered, yellow bellied wus and challenge someone else with more guts.

uh, Bandit, not everyone has the game, some not even a computer to play it on, you might have more luck if you at least gave him until Friday, when he could play you from the lab...

just a suggestion.

stick

BanditOffline
Post subject: Stick  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2004 - 02:25 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

One thing Stick don't edit my post this time.

And the 2nd thing I gave him 3 days to contact me not 3 days to play me.

BanditOffline
Post subject: Mario  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2004 - 02:27 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Mario, I toss my gauntlet at you feet.

Consider yourself challenged by me.

Call 797-1847
Email bandit@d-lan.us
ICQ 7564572
AIM CaryPool
MSN AUsBandit@hotmail.com

If you take more than 3 days to contact me I will label you a chicken livered, yellow bellied wus and challenge someone else with more guts.

StickOffline
Post subject: Re: Stick  PostPosted: Oct 05, 2004 - 12:36 PM

Bandit wrote:
One thing Stick don't edit my post this time.

And the 2nd thing I gave him 3 days to contact me not 3 days to play me.

Sorry, Bandit, don't know how that happened. I just replied to your quote. Did it get moved to the bottom or did you just resend?

stick

BanditOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Stick  PostPosted: Oct 05, 2004 - 01:49 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

I resent.

BanditOffline
Post subject: Solo  PostPosted: Oct 07, 2004 - 11:57 AM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Since Mario is a lilly livered, yellow bellied chicken with no guts, I challenge you to a duel. A duel of nations. I truly belive no matter what culture I choose a nation guided by my wits and guile is destined to trod upon yours with as little effort as the ox upon wheat chaff.

You have 3 days to respond or I will be forced to seek out someone more worthy of my insults.

Consider yourself challenged by me in Rise of Nations

Call 797-1847
Email bandit@d-lan.us
ICQ 7564572
AIM CaryPool

*note: YOU only have to contact me in 3 days to arrange a duel not duel me within 3 days. Although I would appreciate a prompt surrender within 3 days.

BanditOffline
Post subject: RE: Solo  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2004 - 03:23 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

I can defeat ANYONE in Rise of Nations. This is a general challenge to Everyone who cares to play a one on one match. Contact me.

Call 797-1847
Email bandit@d-lan.us
ICQ 7564572
AIM CaryPool

StickOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Solo  PostPosted: Nov 01, 2004 - 10:37 PM

Bandit wrote:
I can defeat ANYONE in Rise of Nations. This is a general challenge to Everyone who cares to play a one on one match. Contact me.

Wow, strong words. I'm going to have to practice up.

See you on the field, Bandido.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic