View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SatertekOffline
Post subject: Lord of the Rings Online  PostPosted: May 06, 2007 - 01:56 AM
Mobile Camper
Mobile Camper

Wrote this up for another fourm, figured I'd copy it here:

Overall Impression: Generic MMO with a great main storyline quest tacked on. Does everything the way it's supposed to be but doesn't do anything new or take any risks. It's good, but if you've played any other recent MMO, you've done it all before.

2 exceptions:
Quests and main storyline: they're pretty unique at times (ex. Pie eating contests, delivering mail while avoiding 'nosey hobbits', saving a hobbit's dinner from bandits then standing on a table and singing a song about it)

PvP: Because you can't make the "bad guy" races, they do something pretty cool here. You have the ability, once you get to level 10, to create a new "monster character." This character is automatically level 50 and in the Ettenmoors, the PvP battle region. Here, you fight against both NPCs and other players who are on their main character (and at level 50). The Ettenmoors is a huge area with 5 forts to control.

There weren't any level 50 players when I was in the beta (level cap was 15) so I didn't get to try it out against other players, but even vs. the NPCs it was pretty fun taking forts down. (done by killing the NPC leaders in the fort)

If you're looking for something new to replace WoW, this is it, but if you want something completely new, this isn't it. (I'm hoping Conan will be that game)

Shaggydog in the Ettenmoors
Tol Ascarnen taken
Yay for AC references
Musicing, I had many fans.
Fast travel works mostly the same as in WoW, only if your destination a certain distance away, you instantly travel. No eagles, also, sadly.
*hiccup*
Everyone is the Hero, and follows the main storyline that follows the ring, I assume eventually all the way to Mordor, so its a bit odd at times seeing 20 people crowded around Gandalf asking for stuff to do. Most of the main quest stuff is instanced with your party, however, so thats good.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Dark_ChickOffline
Post subject: RE: Lord of the Rings Online  PostPosted: May 07, 2007 - 11:39 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

Yeah, I thought this was going to pretty good. I would like to try it out sometime though. But not with my dial up...

PhukFaceOffline
Post subject: RE: Lord of the Rings Online  PostPosted: May 07, 2007 - 11:52 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

dialup!

and you call yourself a gamer...

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Lord of the Rings Online  PostPosted: May 08, 2007 - 01:05 AM

You know Ive beta'ed damn near 75% of the mmo market, and I wasnt allowed in the closed beta for that one. But by the time the open came around I was to busy with my new job. Now my job is very much like Initech and I hope to have a new rig soon so I can join in on these games again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
PhukFaceOffline
Post subject: RE: Lord of the Rings Online  PostPosted: May 08, 2007 - 02:09 AM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

yeah dude, you are peter gibbons.

accept it

Dark_ChickOffline
Post subject: RE: Lord of the Rings Online  PostPosted: May 12, 2007 - 11:50 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

Yes, I call Me'self a Gamer.. .....but not online....

cause that would be just stupid... Very Happy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic