View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Jun 27, 2009 - 02:27 AM
Site Admin
Site Admin

They've finally combined two of the greatest military games of all time, Delta Force 2 and Battlefield 2. Looks awesome!

Arma 2 - "The most ambitious video game ever..."

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/5261/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2009 - 12:05 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

Have you tried ArmA 1?

IF ArmA2 is anything like it, it won't ever get popular. Just too complicated for the average gamer.

BanditOffline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Jun 30, 2009 - 01:02 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Their age verification lets you set your year of birth to 1900. I just got this mental image of a WWI vet, hooked up to oxygen, old bottle of S.R.D sitting next to him, hunched over the computer, screaming into the Vent server, "Eat toothpick you worthless square head, thought you were tricky charging my pozzie while I was reloading. Ya gotta try harder to plug this old sweat. Gonna send the next one what tries that to his maker with typewriter in his teeth."

Goji_of_the_SquirrelOffline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Jun 30, 2009 - 05:35 PM

I dunno. Eastern Europe's getting to be kind of an old setting for conflict. When're we gonna go blow up Australia? That's what I wanna know.

kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Jun 30, 2009 - 11:16 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

Well... the first ArmA was set on a large island...

jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Jul 01, 2009 - 12:16 AM
Site Admin
Site Admin

It looks like they are trying to make the end all of infantry games until we get another exponential increase in graphics/processing power.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
PhukFaceOffline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Jul 01, 2009 - 05:48 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

Quote:
It looks like they are trying to make the end all of infantry games until we get another exponential increase in graphics/processing power.

That would be cannon fodder, sir

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Aug 02, 2009 - 08:09 PM

The demo plays to floaty for me. I just dont feel like I am controlling the character at all. Too much OFP not enough DF2.

Demo uninstalled, DF2 installing...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
AckOffline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Aug 05, 2009 - 12:13 AM

Supposedly the game's pretty buggy too, and controlling squad mates takes a multitude of menus.

kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Aug 05, 2009 - 01:11 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

Yeah.. Just like ArmA 1.

vandylOffline
Post subject: RE: Arma 2 - Or...Our replacement for Delta Force 2?  PostPosted: Aug 05, 2009 - 08:23 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

maybe they'll patch in voice recognition Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic