View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LuckyNumbah7Offline
Post subject: Contact information on this site  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2011 - 04:34 AM

I was talking with someone yesterday, who commented that there's no contact information on this site. Since I can't find it instantaneously, this is a problem. What do you guys think the best way to do it would be? I'm thinking a link to Auburn's student organization page here, but I'm not positive. It's probably either that or the pres's email.

Location is also a question...I was thinking maybe a "Contact Us" in the Navigation Menu. Feedback is nice though...I don't wanna be the only person having a say in this.

Since this is important, I'm gonna sticky this till we get a consensus.

Reply with quote Back to top
BanditOffline
Post subject: RE: Contact information on this site  PostPosted: Jul 20, 2011 - 11:55 AM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Location is on the upper right hand side, already. Maybe it's too hard to turn your head 5 degrees to the right?

Seriously though I don't see an issue with putting it in multiple locations on the site. Contact us link and a Visit Us link?

We used to have a map linked that had our location highlighted in-case people couldn't figure it out. But that was pre-maps.google.com days.

jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: RE: Contact information on this site  PostPosted: Jul 21, 2011 - 01:35 AM
Site Admin
Site Admin

I guess I could rig up an email form that mails the president address. Not sure what's so difficult about showing up in person or making a forum post...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
ScorpionOffline
Post subject: RE: Contact information on this site  PostPosted: Jul 25, 2011 - 11:38 AM

Some people... They just want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Oh for the days when people saw a button with no label and were curious enough to press it just to see what happens. How I long for a user base perceptive enough to make the "is the computer turned on" question truly pointless so that I can spend more time fixing real hardware issues and less time holding hands.

All I want are perfect people! Give them to me!

LuckyNumbah7Offline
Post subject: RE: Contact information on this site  PostPosted: Jul 25, 2011 - 03:28 PM

I'd like to see something more than just the club meeting time/location, thank you. Maybe make the "More Information" link to something useful, rather than just providing another link to the forums. Maybe the SGA page or something.

I was contacted by someone who had something pretty immediate to discuss with me. Someone who lived hours away (so no, visiting was out of the question). Sure, there could be a forum post. However, I personally don't feel like a forum should be the quickest method of contact. Phone number or e-mail would be ideal.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic