View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AshOffline
Post subject: OS X Stuff...  PostPosted: May 07, 2007 - 12:21 AM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

Go Go Bittorrent Powers!

OS x 10.4.1~9 are all available on bit torrent. If your gonna get it, go find the deadmoo image by pheonix. Its out there somewhere.

Some people have already gotten ahold of some beta (i assume beta) version's of OS x 10.5 "The Leopard"
I say beta because The Leopard hasn't been released and isn't supposed to be released until October or sometime in the fall but there have been some reports of people getting it to work on intel based PCs.

http://www.osxx86.info/

is a good place to look for guides and how-to's for installing OS X on a PC.

Woot! its Pyramid Pony!

Reply with quote Back to top
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: OS X Stuff...  PostPosted: May 07, 2007 - 01:09 AM

Thanks, now I can prove that my new shuttle can take over the world - aslong as Bandit or Scorp are not playing Core...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
AshOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2007 - 06:15 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

basically, what you need to do is go find the developer version of the install dvd, search for the bittorrent called with the word JaS in it and your'll probably find it...

That is, unless you have a Mac, then you can use the mac based intel install dvd that should come with your mac (if its Intel based or AMD)

You need to transfer the partition image from the dvd to the partition you want it to end up on, once you boot from that partition you'll get the installer.

there are a few other steps too, that other site i linked and you can get some extra driver's there too for a number of pieces of hardware thats not normally on a mac

Woot! its Pyramid Pony!

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2007 - 07:02 PM

Yeah I noticed that it is far easier than it use to be - getting OSX9 to work on a windows box was worse than using it after you installed it. But I must do this just to show a coworker how full of mushrooms she really is. She said it was impossible and that the pc hardware cannot handle it...granted she is Office certified so she knows more about pcs then us none certed folk.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
AshOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2007 - 08:12 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

OS x 10.4.# and all recently made mac's have a few things that are key to it being easy to install these days. The intell based mac's (laptops and desktops) use not only Intell's (like the Core 2 Duo) but also all the AMD's. As well as using motherboards based off say the Nvidia nforce series.

The graphics drivers are a little bit more tricky because most the recent macs do have some of the more common graphics cards and GPU's but its not really fully supported across the board...

If you have any weird hardware you might have some trouble getting the drivers, but there is a way around it.

Get the linux source for the drivers your need then recompile them. it won't always work, but sometimes you can get lucky. And if you know your way around some source code you can mod the source as needed.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... rtyDrivers

has most the drivers you'd traditionally be interested in

Woot! its Pyramid Pony!

PhukFaceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2007 - 11:21 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/05/09/ho ... lkthrough/

AshOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2007 - 05:08 AM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

You ever get Os X working?

I might have happened across a beta/dev client of the Leopard in all its niftyness that may be my next upgrade on my MacBook.

All i gotta say is student discounts on things i would probably *never* use as a student are awesome.

Woot! its Pyramid Pony!

radhikahandeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2019 - 08:42 AM
no0b
no0b

Excellent thread! I got valuable information here. Thank you such an excellent post..Keep Up!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic