View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AckOffline
Post subject: TigerLAN 9 article  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 - 01:17 AM

Ok folks, here's the TigerLAN 9 article I wrote. Here goes:

------------------------
TigerLAN 9 Announced

That's right folks. After months of eager anticipation, TigerLAN 9's upcoming competition list has been announced. TigerLAN is the PC and console video game tournament hosted once a semester by the Auburn University Computer Gaming Club (AUCGC), and after several years of experience, TigerLAN has only managed to grow and grow over the years. This time, the tournament will be held on Saturday, November 5, so mark your calendars and plan to head across state to Auburn University for some fast-paced gamer action!

Of course, what would a tournament be without competitions? This time, TigerLAN will run five different games, one on the three major consoles, and two on PC. The official games will be:

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)
Halo 2 (Xbox)
Burnout 3 (PS2)
Battle for Middle Earth (PC)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC)

Other unofficial tournaments include Battlefield 2, Half Life 2, Super Monkey Ball, Star Wars Battlefront, Marvel vs. Capcom, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur 2, and possible big screen speed runs of Mario 2. In fact Fastbilly, the AUCGC PR Officer, will be taking all challenges while making a spectacle of himself in Mariokart Doubledash, while playing with his feet.

Additional televisions will be set up for free play so "people can play whatever they want", according to AUCGC President, Xero. And with all manner of prizes and giveaways, gamers should be scrambling for the doors. Just don't forget to bring your own PC, or your entry fee. It's five dollars in, and five to compete.
------------------------
Hope you guys like it.

Reply with quote Back to top
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: RE: TigerLAN 9 article  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 - 02:37 AM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lowercase 'x' you bastage. And "gamers should be scrambling for the doors" makes it sound like they will be trying to leave quickly... Otherwise good. It's also not so much as a tournament as a LAN Party or "[computer/console] gaming event" that has a few competitions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
StrangelOffline
Post subject: RE: TigerLAN 9 article  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 - 06:11 AM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

i'd change "one on the three major consoles" to "one on each of the three major consoles".
and i agree with xero, "scrambling for the doors" doesn't seem to convey what you meant it to.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number 
BanditOffline
Post subject: RE: TigerLAN 9 article  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 - 11:57 AM
G0dlike
G0dlike

when you have the final version I will post it on my site.

RugerMK1Offline
Post subject: Re: TigerLAN 9 article  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 - 05:48 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

Ack wrote:
:words:

There's no part of that I didn't like.

Edit: Did you ever go to the clinic for that problem you had at the meeting before last?

AckOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: TigerLAN 9 article  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2005 - 07:57 PM

Unfortunately, the copy editors over there aren't the best at telling me what they change, or even editing my work, so that's probably the finished version. However, if you like Bandit, I can edit the article myself for your website, since I'm not under contract to those papers. Hell, if you like, I could start writing stuff for you.

Xero...the problem with lowercasing your name is that it would appear more like an error, and less like a tagname. I have brought up tagnames in articles before, but unfortunately, I didn't go into grammar issues. AP style also capitalizes the first letter of every name.

Ruger...no, so expect to get AIDS in the future.

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: TigerLAN 9 article  PostPosted: Aug 24, 2005 - 03:05 AM

hehe, feet. Now whats this about Mario2?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
AckOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: TigerLAN 9 article  PostPosted: Aug 24, 2005 - 12:29 PM

Alice is bringing her camera, hopefully, and you've been wanting us to film how fast you get through it. Why not impress the ladies (i.e. xero) by setting a record?

Also, note I said possible. Consider it the current Sargeant at Arms getting quoted.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic