View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vandylOffline
Post subject: FS: Lot of FOUR AMD Socket A Chips  PostPosted: Oct 07, 2004 - 10:22 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

I've got four chips, two are durons, two are thunderbirds -- speeds, not completely sure. 1 is an 800MHz Duron, 1 is a 1.1 GHz Thunderbird, 1 is a 1.2 GHz Thunderbird and I'm not sure but I think the fourth is a 1.2GHz Duron. As far as I remember, all four work fine, just don't have any use for them anymore.

Make an offer on the lot or on a specific chip, either way -- they'll probably make one hell of a fast linux router.

I'm not sure of the chip speeds but I think that's right. If any of them end up DOA, I'll refund. If you're local, I'll even throw in a dab of Arctic Silver 3 when you build the box.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: FS: Lot of FOUR AMD Socket A Chips  PostPosted: Oct 26, 2004 - 03:01 AM

Im tempted to buy one of the thunderbirds for a mamecab/entertainment pc. The run of the mill cab uses a 800mhz chip, that can run everything upto just before CrusinUSA, and some fighters after that. Which is all I really want. How much you want for either of those?

And I do realize you have a 800mhz chip, but Thunderbird sounds cooler than Duron. But seriously that little extra pep would be worth it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
vandylOffline
Post subject: RE: FS: Lot of FOUR AMD Socket A Chips  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2004 - 05:30 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

tbird as bigger l2 cache than duron - so yes, tbird is better

Eh - we'd have to figure out which is which, you know. That would take a little time but not a big deal. Took a look at pricewatch - 1.2 ghz tbird going for $54 there - so, how's $30?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
vandylOffline
Post subject: RE: FS: Lot of FOUR AMD Socket A Chips  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2005 - 09:35 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Update - Don't know where the 1.2ghz tbird is, the 1.2ghz duron is damaged and therefore unsellable - the 800mhz duron is missing, but somehow I have a 1.0ghz duron and a 1.1ghz tbird

I moved, had things boxed and packed safely, but haven't been able to locate all of these chips - note the post was made over a year ago, before I moved.

xero is purchasing the two spare chips I have so this thread needs to be deleted or closed.

T-BirDOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: FS: Lot of FOUR AMD Socket A Chips  PostPosted: Nov 24, 2005 - 04:42 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

vandyl wrote:
so yes, tbird is better

...well DUH! T-BirD is always better! Very Happy

TBirD's collection

vandylOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: FS: Lot of FOUR AMD Socket A Chips  PostPosted: Nov 25, 2005 - 03:39 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

HAAAAH -

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic