View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
T-BirDOffline
9 Post subject: Panasonic Q replacement PSU?  PostPosted: May 26, 2007 - 02:53 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

I haven't been able to find any information on this so far, so I figured I'd ask here.

I've owned a region-unlocked Panasonic Q for over 4 years now, but recently moved from the US to Europe. I had a small, US-built voltage transformer (the Q draws 30W).

Well, I plug it in and....let's just say the transformer didn't work as advertised, and both it and the Panasonic Q fried. I'm hoping it's just the PSU in the system that needs replacing. I am going to take it to a repair shop, but since it's such a rare item, I want to help them out (and make sure they don't cause more damage) by finding out which internal PSU is required. Anybody know?

Thanks a lot in advance for any replies!

UPDATE: Just opened it up, and it *might* be as simple as replacing a burnt-out fuse. Will try to buy a new one early next week and see if that works.

UPDATE x2: Well, turns out it WAS as simple as replacing a burnt fuse. Cost (according to the current exchange rate) 13 cents. Razz

TBirD's collection

Reply with quote Back to top
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Panasonic Q replacement PSU?  PostPosted: Jun 09, 2007 - 01:35 PM

Awesome - I made some calls and nobody can get anything for the Qi indiviually, if at all. This makes me want one with the gameboy player and a modchip in it so much more.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
T-BirDOffline
Post subject: RE: Panasonic Q replacement PSU?  PostPosted: Jun 10, 2007 - 07:30 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

Never found a q-compatible gba player. Also, be aware that a modded q plays all regions of dvd's....but does not convert pal to ntsc. I could watch PAL fine on an old TV, but once I switched to newer models (not flat panel), that was the end of it.

TBirD's collection

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Panasonic Q replacement PSU?  PostPosted: Jun 11, 2007 - 01:10 AM

they made one, it had spots for the feet and was the same colour. But it was a pain to find, and usually you payed out the nose for it.

I plan on purchasing a mid 90s 40inch video cube fairly soon so it should have no problem. Itll also make an awesome monitor for Fzero action once I find a suitable steering wheel.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
T-BirDOffline
Post subject: RE: Panasonic Q replacement PSU?  PostPosted: Jun 11, 2007 - 04:56 AM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

That's what I meant - I know they made one, but I never located one at a reasonable price.

TBirD's collection

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic