View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jamiejonesOffline
Post subject: Interested in a new lab?  PostPosted: Jan 05, 2008 - 06:12 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

Two labs possibly(key word) open.

choice1:

Shop bld 3 lab

Dell athlon 64 x2 (20-30 cpus)
nvidia intergrated.
linux/xp

Notes:
It's a pretty good and new lab. We installed the lab equipment between spring 07 & summer 07 or maybe fall 07. The machines boot into linux and run xp through Virtual machine , Virtual console, virtual something(hell if I know).

Choice2:

Broun hall lab:

Notes:
I Have to go in Monday 1/7/08 to help install new computers in the lab. I don't know what kind of computers. The last lab we did recieved dell celeron 3ghz, 1 gig ram, xp machines. so it'll at least get that. Actually if anyone knows the specs on the chem/mech eng labs(all the same lab) at the top of ross hall I wouldn't be surprised if broun gets the same exact setup.

Between spring 08 & summer 08 we are either putting new computers in shop bld 2 or moveing the lab over to the new eng. bulding, with new computers of course.

Shop 3 has the best access and barely gets used. The linux machines may require a bit more tampering with then the broun machines on my part...(ready rant) knowing my boss and the rest of the people there, if he ok's it there going to plan how they want it done. Afterwards they'll laugh/ignore me while I fumble around with learning all the grunt work required to do it. Other then all the everyday 'don't eat in the lab' / fill the printer stuff, Mostly all I do is break down/build labs/ networks. Every now and again I have to help reimage(ghost) hdd for people/labs and other such stuff I have no idea how to do, short of learning as I go. (end o rant)

Broun gets locked down at times and you need a key. It's a public lab so it might be kinda tricky getting / useing ... either actually.

I haven't been to a meeting in a while so the computers might be just fine. I have no clue. If anything it'll be possible to game more then once a week. For those who don't know we used to be located in shop bld 1 and had fri&sat(Well I think) sessions. I know I remember a small section of ph33r would game counter strike in sbl 1 from fri night clean till sun morn. I know me me, seal, sin &his brother robert(?) gamed a good bit.
I still remember when me,sin, talon & xero climbed on top of some building by aerospace after a long session of CS. Although I don't think it trumps talon & xero batmaning the haley center with a hose pipe to gain access to the roof.

Anyway I'm off. I'm done with uncharted ps3(damn good game). So I picked up Unreal tournament 3 for ps3. Game strong this week end then find how I'm going to move all my code from UT99 to UT3 given my laptop can't run UT3. Hopefully It'll complie then I can run it on the ps3 ... hopefully Sad

Reply with quote Back to top
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: RE: Interested in a new lab?  PostPosted: Jan 05, 2008 - 06:45 PM
Site Admin
Site Admin

I plead the fifth. ;o) And it was the Langdon Annex, not Aerospace.

Lots of weekends playing CS in shop 101...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
vandylOffline
Post subject: RE: Interested in a new lab?  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2008 - 02:42 AM
G0dlike
G0dlike

too many weekends haha

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
jamiejonesOffline
Post subject: RE: Interested in a new lab?  PostPosted: Jan 15, 2008 - 03:25 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

If you "plead the fifth" I hope you dumped the evidence(video tape)
Jeez that was back when vandyl was still attending AHS ...did I just date myself !?!

In regards to the topic:
We finished up with the broun lab sat. It's a bunch of 2Ghz intel celeron core duo with 4g of ram.(edit:no video cards just the standard Intel Graphics Media Accelerator.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/chipse ... i915g.html
I use the GMA to play UT2k4 on my laptop, but I'm not to picky so eh...)

I like the audi xero, yours or the mrs.? All I remember is RX8 talk!

By the way I read in another post that you guys had issues with passwords for useing the internet during TL. I'm pretty sure I could get a temp eng. password for two day use. Depts have events off and on were they invite kids to campus and they need temp passwords to use the computers. It should be a fairly strieght forward thing, wouldn't hurt anything to ask.

Edit: Like I said I've no clue what is used in the lab but these new ones are here as options if ya like.
Jamie

jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: RE: Interested in a new lab?  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2008 - 03:34 AM
Site Admin
Site Admin

No he wasn't, vandyl had already graduated by that point, he started AU in 2000.

The A4 is mine. Lara is still driving her "electric lime" Saturn Ion 2 coupe. I thought about doing the RX8 but I didn't want to spend that much money. Nor did I feel like replacing the massive amount of oil it eats. It's still a nifty car.

The processors/RAM are probably better in the Broun lab but I think the Haley lab has actual graphics cards.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2008 - 04:46 AM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

Also, the new Broun computers seem to only be able to address up to ~3.2GB of ram. Probably due to running 32 bit versions of windows...

vandylOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2008 - 11:20 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

3.2gig is more than enough anyway -

and yes, I started my gamer's membership when I was still in high school, a couple years before hs graduation and starting school at AU.

yup.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic