View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PhukFaceOffline
Post subject: Thoughts on this subject... (New Medal of Honor Game)  PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 - 03:56 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/medal-honor ... -7833.html

I am a little curious on how the current group of gamers feels about this. I am a veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan Wars and really have no problem with this game personally. I just think it is a game and people should look at it like this. However, I can understand the concern of those families whose sons/daughters did pay the price and it may seem offensive. (?)

We do not show remorse for the "other" sides and/or "bad guys" in games, so should we censor the ability to kill US/Brit/Aussie military members?

Therefore, I would like to hear some of your thoughts on the issue, please.

Latez,
Cam

Reply with quote Back to top
BanditOffline
Post subject: RE: Thoughts on this subject... (New Medal of Honor Game)  PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 - 11:28 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Welcome to the Free market and the land of Free speech. If you don't like it don't buy it. I'm sorry but unoffensive speech doesn't need protecting.

jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: RE: Thoughts on this subject... (New Medal of Honor Game)  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 - 11:31 PM
Site Admin
Site Admin

If someone doesn't approve of it, then they shouldn't buy it. There are two sides to every conflict, and rarely is one of them truly a "bad" side.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
D.I.E.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 - 10:47 PM

They should have never started production of a game about a war still in progress. So far, Medal of Honor has only done WWII but they could have chosen a different war not presently engaged. That said, it just a marketing gimmick to get attention and the people who will protest it were likely never customers in the first place. They should not censor it but let the customers tell them what is morally acceptable and what is too far/soon.

kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2010 - 05:59 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

I really don't get it. Call of Duty had it's whole bullshit story but it was p much TERRISTS vs us military. Nobody was upset about that.

Doesn't matter since the last MoH game worth playing was Spearhead.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic