View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: Anyone looking for a job? (Atlanta area)  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2010 - 08:34 PM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone looking for a job in the Atlanta area (Alpharetta specifically)?

The company where I work has several open positions currently.

We have 6 software engineer and 2 quality engineer (dedicated testers) positions open for the team I'm on. We also have a temporary graphic design position open in marketing, a senior sys admin position, and several software engineer positions on other teams. The software engineer positions are for various skill levels, we need entry to senior level. We love fresh grads.

Life on my team is pretty nice. The team works on a fairly new browser-agnostic site that's installed on corporate intranets, sold as a mostly off-the-shelf product, and used daily at thousands of sites. It's an agile environment with 2 week iterations, focus on long term code and team quality, believe in software craftsmanship and continued learning, practice pair programming, and have 20% open research time.

Technology stack includes ASP.NET on .NET 3.5 (soon moving to 4) w/ C#, NHibernate (with Fluent), MSTest (might move to NUnit), ExtJS, and a spot of YUI for client-side unit testing. I say we're using ASP.NET, but we're not using web forms, or any of the web controls -- our pages are built with client-side code and web service calls. We don't expect you to know all of the technology so long as you understand the principals, can show you love learning, are willing to tackle any situation, and can abstain from being a jerk most of the time.

On the more theoretical side, we try to maintain 100% pure OOD (object-oriented design) both server and client-side, practice TDD (test-driven development) on some parts (eventually moving to everywhere we can), and chose to use DDD (domain driven design) as a standard practice. We don't work overtime, but do expect an "energized work environment", which means we pair program for a full 6 hours a day. The remaining 2 hours are your free time to read emails, have meetings, and research whatever you want. We also believe in collective code ownership (no one person owns any area of code).

We also have some positions open where you're working more with Java as a back-end instead of .NET. That environment is very similar though.

Some of the other dev positions are server and client-side JavaScript, C#, and if you're unlucky an occasional spot of legacy VB6 or C++ (all going away). They follow a more gated documentation heavy waterfall-like process, but are considering adopting more agile/lean practices. They work on a legacy product that runs in IE only, but in the same environment and customer base as ours. We're replacing their product over the next few years, then they'll transition to the new product.

I don't know much about the sys admin and graphic design positions, but I can get more info for you.

If you're interested then just send me a PM on here or give me a call if you have my number. I'll need your resume at some point then I can get you in contact with our HR department and get you into the interview pool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic