View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CDplayaOffline
Post subject: General tips for Dragon Warrior/Quest I-VIII  PostPosted: Jul 21, 2006 - 06:03 PM

Dragon Warrior games are fun if not sometimes very tedious. so to kill the small moments of frustration I shall post a few tips. BTW these tips only count for 1-3 and 7-8, I haven't played the others.

1. Don't try to gain levels: Instead try to earn money for that new sword of immense destruction or that armor that resists the spell of doom. As you work toward that new piece of junk, you will gain 2-3 levels.

2. Kill the metal slimes!! They're annoying.

3. When fighting a boss (especially on DW7) assume that you are in a constant state of losing until the boss dies. Why? Because when you THINK you're about to win he will "unleash all remaining magical energy", "breathe intense flames", or simply cast explodet.....twice. Afterwards, there will be a transformaton into his tenth form which will erase all hopes of victroy.

Now that you've read this, defeating that guy with the 8-12 letter name should be no problem at all...unless he does #3, then you're screwed.

Reply with quote Back to top
CDplayaOffline
Post subject: RE: General tips for Dragon Warrior/Quest I-VIII  PostPosted: Jul 31, 2006 - 05:39 PM

Wow...I've been completely and totally ignored.

T-BirDOffline
Post subject: RE: General tips for Dragon Warrior/Quest I-VIII  PostPosted: Aug 29, 2006 - 02:23 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

DW1 is one of the few games I've played through entirely...several times...over the course of 15+ years. Oldschool, fun, and simple. I still have no clue how I made it through at level 17 the first time I beat it back in 1989/90. The last time I did it (2003?) I think I was nearly level 30, and still had some difficulty at the end.

Mmm....I kind of want to play it again, but I should probably finally finish 2, 3, and 4 first...I always get 50% through those, then quit.

TBirD's collection

CDplayaOffline
Post subject: RE: General tips for Dragon Warrior/Quest I-VIII  PostPosted: Sep 15, 2006 - 02:47 AM

Ok the metal slimes give about 2-3 levels per slime.

CDplayaOffline
Post subject: RE: General tips for Dragon Warrior/Quest I-VIII  PostPosted: Mar 08, 2007 - 10:33 PM

Quick tip for DQ8: NEVER sell stuff you find for free. You can always mix the item to make something awesome. If I did not sell a leather whip I found once, I wouldn't have had to wait until I finished about 3/4 of the game get an incredibly powerful weapon.

kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject: RE: General tips for Dragon Warrior/Quest I-VIII  PostPosted: Mar 09, 2007 - 01:00 AM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

Heh, I almost never sell stuff in RPGs. I horde everything. I had to start selling materia in ff7 once to make more room...

StrangelOffline
Post subject: RE: General tips for Dragon Warrior/Quest I-VIII  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2007 - 10:11 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

I'm the same when it comes to DW1 - played through it a few times on NES, and once on the GBA. I've started DW2 a couple of times, but never kept at it, I dunno why.
Nowadays I just can't sit still for an RPG...I dunno why, I just get restless and go do something else.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number 
AckOffline
Post subject: RE: General tips for Dragon Warrior/Quest I-VIII  PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 05:45 PM

It's because you got a life, Strangel.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic