View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
onemanlanOffline
Post subject: Okami - PS2  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2006 - 08:15 PM
no0b
no0b

Hey guys, I've been meaning to post this up for some time now. I picked up Okami for the PS2 the day it came out. First off its only $39.99! Second off its amazing!

To tell you the truth I'm an ADD gamer for the most part. It's rare that games keep me seated for more than 1 hour at a time just to play, however that's without respect to my gaming addictions(see CS:S, Wc3, Okami, etc). This game is one of those addicting games.

I stated at some point that I'm a Legend of Zelda fan through and through, and I can't stress how good this game is in comparison to those wonderful Zelda episodes. I literally neglect my work because of this game... probably not a selling point, but it's that enthralling! It probably ruined my first chem test because I failed to study for it in order to play Okami!

The controls in this game are Grade A+. Be it running around one of the many beautiful zones this game has to offer or fighting some of the crazy enemies about. You have to use your 'celestial' brush which is hard to use at first, but becomes much easier as you go along in the game.

The graphics are stunning. If you hate cell shading give this game a look and decide for yourself. Watch a video or two if you can. Trust me, this game is worth the time just for the amazing design. It literally feels as if you're playing a game in a watercolor medium. There are some scenes which occur after certain events in the game that are a huge mind-f*ck of color and light. I cannot describe how pretty this game truely is.

The difficulty in the game hails about the same as any Zelda games. The enemies require some effort, but they're not impossible. The bosses aren't even that hard. Fighting enemies in this game is more of a problem-solving issue than a button-mashing ability issue.

The story is beyond creative. It revolves around the white wolf, Amatersu, and his simi-annoying companion, Issun. If you've ever played LoZ:OoT and had to experience the fairy Navi, you're set to go. Issun speaks for the hero and gives clues which can be annoying from time to time, but is no where near as nagging and demanding as that whore of a fairy in OoT ever was. Issun actually throws down a bunch of good one-liners and hes quite the obsessed ladies man too which plays out to some funny jokes. You, Amatersu are a God who disposed of an evil moster some time ago. That monster has returned and you have been revived to slay it. Good story, eh? Well that encompasses about 7-10 hours of the mandiory 30 hour game play. Sidequests expand this game's length to a grand total of 60 hours.

I'm currently 26 hours into this game and still enthralled. Pick this game up and you wont be dissappointed.

Reply with quote Back to top
RebirthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2007 - 11:58 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

I saw someone play this game- very cool; I'm looking to borrow it from them

Definitely worth it

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic