View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jamiejonesOffline
Post subject: Quick smash bros. brawl gripe.(air dodging)  PostPosted: Mar 14, 2008 - 04:12 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

I'm really not likeing the air dodging in this version.

In all the others I would use the air dodge for extra mobility to get from place to place. In brawl when air dodgeing, instead of dodgeing an attack and moveing in the direction of the dodge the character dodges the attack while it keeps falling. Which throws me completely off and makes me switch up the way I play when avoiding attacks or just moving around the stage.

The only time you can do anything close to the old air doge move is while the player is moving up right after it jumps.

I'll adapt but for now...annoying!

fin
Jamie

Reply with quote Back to top
CDplayaOffline
Post subject: RE: Quick smash bros. brawl gripe.(air dodging)  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2008 - 11:55 PM

Hey see if the A.I. starts to copy your playing style. In brawl I saw a friend of mine pull off a move that I never saw before. Ever since then, I saw the CPU controlled characters do it. Afterwards, I played my copy and did not see the CPU do it until I figured out how to pull it off.

jamiejonesOffline
Post subject: RE: Quick smash bros. brawl gripe.(air dodging)  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2008 - 08:25 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

[cold robot voice]Will do.
Jamie

Edit: Anyone else get rediculous lag when they play online? It's not even traditional lag, it's like old nes slow down when too much stuff is on the screen at one time in a game of life force / gradius lag.(Sans the obligatory flickering .)

EhgretOffline
Post subject: RE: Quick smash bros. brawl gripe.(air dodging)  PostPosted: May 29, 2008 - 07:30 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

They had to change the air dodge for this game. In melee it was horrible and could be exploited to the point where if you wanted you would never get touched and could be invincible. I'm not a fan changing my play style slighty because of it, but it is changed for the better.

kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject: RE: Quick smash bros. brawl gripe.(air dodging)  PostPosted: May 29, 2008 - 09:17 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

How about: Play the N64 version and you don't have to worry about air dodges. And it's better.

Kill two birds with one stone!

SatertekOffline
Post subject: RE: Quick smash bros. brawl gripe.(air dodging)  PostPosted: May 30, 2008 - 06:31 AM
Mobile Camper
Mobile Camper

Yes, they fixed it. Last I checked it was called dodge not hovar without flapping.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic