View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jamiejonesOffline
Post subject: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggestions?  PostPosted: Mar 19, 2008 - 01:44 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

The friend that I play smash bros. with has a niko(I think) battery pack in the back of her wii controllers and a charger stand that that you sit the controller in. Anyone know of(use) any 1st party products, good 3rd party products? I'm use to just pluging the controllers into the usb slots on the front of the ps3 so I'll be damned if I'm going to regularly buy batteries for this thing(Wii).

Hmm...Or maybe the remote is chargeable. Maybe I should open the box before asking questions!?!(nahh, live life on the edge!)

Jamie

edit: or any (battery packs/chargers) I should avoid? I've heard tails of cooling fans hooked to a systems' power supply doing all kinds of damage. While obviously not the same type item, extra peripherals do have the potential to ass out a product. Just covering the bases.

Reply with quote Back to top
BanditOffline
Post subject: RE: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggesti  PostPosted: Mar 19, 2008 - 09:27 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

I have a Wii with charging stations. Unfortunately you get less life from the recharging batteries, but you can of course just switch out the controller, and you get plenty of warning about the battery prior to failure.

I've never run out of power during a gaming session, but then again my sessions with the Wii have never gone over 3 continuous hours.

jamiejonesOffline
Post subject: RE: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggesti  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2008 - 07:33 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

Thanks for the info. What brand are you using? I don't see myself pulling any half+ day sessions anytime soon. Although I would like to have that option.

Side note:
Last night I was reading a series of post you made a while back on A.I., it was a good read. Think I might make somewhat of a response to the line of thought you brought up at that time, but in the dev. section of this here lovely forum. I have a different take on the subject though.

1. Refocus on the A.I of the Playable character in addition to that of the Non-playable character.(How that refocus changes what's expected out of NPC A.I.)
2. The differences in expectations of A.I. designed to...

a.fill a role in an artificial experence made to provide the user(player) with a specific set of circumstances at any given moment.

b.simulate the end result of proper human thought or if so bold strieght up simulate thinking exactly like a human.(possible Uses of simulated A.I in a designed experence)

Mabe I should have said designed A.I.(Apparent Intelligence/Artificial stupidity) v.s. simulated A.I.(Artificial intelligence)

But thats' if I can find the time(I tend to rant about game design topics). At least I'm not oblivious to it!
Jamie

SatertekOffline
Post subject: RE: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggesti  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2008 - 09:16 PM
Mobile Camper
Mobile Camper

Doesn't need batteries:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
CDplayaOffline
Post subject: RE: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggesti  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2008 - 10:28 PM

Good point.

jamiejonesOffline
Post subject: RE: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggesti  PostPosted: Mar 27, 2008 - 02:08 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

1.I already use a GC controller for smash bros.
2.I still need to use the wii mote to get to the game
3.If I cut the power on the wii mote after I get to the game the wii poweres down also, so the wii mote is always on(I think) I thought if you left it alone it would shut off itself.
4. If I play other wii games the wii mote'll be in full swing(hopefully I'll get more out of my wii then my zelda,smash bros, metroiod and nothing else Game cube)

I'll try and play with the power button some more maybe I held it down to long making the wii shut off or something. With the ps3 you can shut off the controller or the entire system so maybe I missed something on the wii.

Although I could just pull the bateries out after I get to the game.(nah!)
Jamie

BanditOffline
Post subject: RE: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggesti  PostPosted: Mar 30, 2008 - 11:56 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

have you seen the new arcade style wimote? Just saw one in the local game stop the other day.

jamiejonesOffline
Post subject: RE: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggesti  PostPosted: Apr 01, 2008 - 01:34 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

Nope, I'm actually having a head scratching moment over the idea of an "arcade" wii-mote. Even after working at an arcade for F***ing ever(flash backs!!!) I can't think of what that would possiblly look like. I mean what changes could you make to to the design that would warrent it being called an "arcade" wii-mote...hmmmm.

With that said I'd gladly say yes I've seen it and promptly give you a descripton to boot if you'll bring some Jesus dip to the upcoming festivities!
Jamie

xentrixOffline
Post subject: RE: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggesti  PostPosted: Apr 01, 2008 - 03:28 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

Picture of the Arcade Style Wiimote

jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: RE: I need a wii-mote (battery pack & charger). Suggesti  PostPosted: Apr 01, 2008 - 11:24 PM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Never heard Bandit's uberdip called Jesus dip. But I second Jones' request...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2008 - 11:49 PM

Aha, even if Bandit cannot make it I may bring it, or perhaps attempt the heart healthy version we were discussing last year.

The hori stick is bit of a sore spot for me. I wish it used the cube port instead of the wiimote for its interface. I may just used the retrousb adapters and a set of hacked SNES controllers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
jamiejonesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2008 - 01:59 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

The funny thing is when bandit mentioned arcade wii-mote the first thing that poped to mind was a regular arcade stick like the hori. I thought to myself nahh... that's to easy and went off concocting other alien type technology that the thing "must" be made of.

I think it's called making things more difficult then they need to be.
Jamie

BanditOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2008 - 12:15 PM
G0dlike
G0dlike

Dip Request - Acknowledged.
Note placed in List o Lan stuff in phone. Lets play a game... it's called see if Bandit can remember.

jamiejonesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2008 - 12:36 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

Quote:
Dip Request - Acknowledged.

Jamie

jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2008 - 03:42 AM
Site Admin
Site Admin

word

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic